16.6.10

Abutor( Abuse)

Can I hold your arm?” I ask, as I stumble.
The alcohol starts to kick in now, the world is spinning.
“ Uh, sure...Wanna just hold my hand?” you say, reaching to grasp mine.
This odd sensation starts to over come me at this moment.
Was that a spark? Is this possibly more then just friendship?
I stare you in the eyes, you look startled.
A quick smile starts to force onto my face, and we walk.
I turn to smile at you, and your smile somehow gives me shivers.
We both know what we feel, and we both know how wrong it is.
I felt the magic, something I had been missing from my old relationship.
I finally felt happy with myself, as if I was on top of the world.
It was nice. “You were nice.”
But it was wrong. “You had to be wrong.”
I let go, and walked away..
Because, as usual..
You were something I could only dream of having,
Something I could, would never get.
I ran now, so I wouldn’t get hurt.
I hope to god I didn’t make another mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment