15.9.09

I want to see you all again.


I can't stand this little room any longer.
The cot isn't comfy, and the light's don't shine right.
I can't stand all the noises that keep me awake at night.
The shouting from doors down, and the guards that tell me to sleep.
The bars that cover those doors scar me.
It's like I have this wall built up around me, and no one can take them down.
I can see my family's eyes starring me throught them everynight.
My youngest daughter, Hailey screams
"Daddy, when are you coming out? Daddy, I can't reach you. Daddy, Come home!"
My ears can't handle it. The screaming gets louder, and I break down.
I run to the bars, and trow my hands outside, trying to find her hand.
Trying to hold onto my world.
And suddendly, I realize it's a mirage.
A pretty picture my mind drew, because I miss my world.
But, I'm seeing a part of the world I've never seen.
A part I don't like.
I want to go to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment