14.8.09

A change.


"You are a beautiful girl, and I love everything about you."
It ran through my head about 1000 times, until it felt right.
You were always one to build a girl up, tell her things she wants to her, make her want to be yours. That was the tricky part of you, but I knew this game to well. So I played it safe, you used every word to try to real me in, like a fish, but I knew it. The bait looked fresh, something was was to unreal for me to go get. So I didn't. I resisted it, even if it did look good. So, you kept trying.
" You are beautiful"
" And I was stupid enough to let you go, but don't you get why I did it? I was too in love with you. It frightened me."
" When I hold you,my arms feel right you know? It's never felt like that."
Soon, I caved in.
I began to believe your pretty lies, and got myself tangled.
Yet, the one thing I had never thought about was ..maybe your pretty lies, were just pretty truths.
Maybe I just didn't want to believe you had changed.
and you still wanted me
.

No comments:

Post a Comment