26.8.09

I wish I could find you again, I'd never let you go.


"Close your eyes, and dream good dreams."
I always believed you. Nothing would hurt me. You were beside me and with that, I knew I was protected. But, I knew when you left. I knew exactly when you turned out the light. I knew exactly when you had left the room. I was left, alone, in a room. And I was frightened.Suddendly,I remembered everything that could be lurking under my bed, or in my closet. I was more scared then anything.
And that's exactly what it feels like.
I feel like you came into my room, while I was crying and sang me that pretty lullaby that you always used to sing me, and talked to me for hours, until I feel asleep. But you stayed in the room, night after night, after night. As as soon as I got used to it, you never came. I used to sit in my room and wait for you to show up, and suddendly you didn't. I waited, and waited. Sang to myself, read myself stories, thought about why you'd leave. I didn't understand and it made no sense to me. Days went by, and you still never came. I haven't slept in days.
I'm still waiting for you. I can't sleep when you're not here.
Come back?

No comments:

Post a Comment