27.4.09

I know you're where you need to be, even though it's not here with me.

I know it's been a long time we met. We walked quite a long path me, and you. For years, we laughed, smiled, and cried. Then, all of a sudden you went away. You feel asleep, for a long period of time. Your eyes shut and you were a body that once functioned. I was so clueless about death then. I thought you'd come back. I thought you were tired, and needed a couple days sleep. I realized soon after, I was wrong. You were gone. Gone. Forever. I had to be okay with that. But the thing was, I wasn't. Not at all. You were my papa. My hockey star. My dad. I know where you are is where you should be, but I miss you.
I looked up at the sky and for the first time in my life I saw how beautiful it really was, then I realized it's cause you're up there.
I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment